When and Where?
Friday 10th April 2020 – Monday 13th April 2020
What do I need to bring?
Hoadley Hide is a camping and hiking activity, therefore you’ll need the usual clothing, tent, hike pack & food. Water will be available at stunt sites and the Venturer Overnight Camp (VOC) overnight.
A detailed recommended equipment list has been published on our Equipment Page. Remember that on Saturday night we will be doing a night hike/wide game, so you will need to bring torches and warm clothing for this activity.
Can I get public transport to the site?
You sure can! You can stay on the Thursday night in at a hall we have arranged and we will assist you in getting to the site on the Friday.
Note: due to public transport works over the Easter weekend, all Venturers intending to catch Public Transport must arrive on the Thursday night to ensure you can catch the shuttle bus from Sunbury on Friday morning.
Here is pricing for Venturers and for Rovers/Leaders/Adult Helpers for Hoadley Hide 2020:
- Venturer (Private Transport – arriving Friday morning) – $72
- Venturer (Public Transport + Shuttle Bus – staying at Sunbury Thursday night) – $99 (note: due to public transport works over the Easter weekend, all Venturers intending to catch Public Transport must arrive on the Thursday night to ensure you can catch the shuttle bus from Sunbury on Friday morning)
- Rover/Leader/Adult Helper – $45
What does the Rover & Leader Fee cover?
As with the 2019 Hide, we are providing a lot more for the Rovers & Leaders who volunteer with the event. This includes:
- Camping on site
- Catering from Friday Lunch, through to Monday Breakfast
- Provision of toilets & on-site showers
Due to the increased involvement and support we require, the Team has felt it is best to provide catering so crews & volunteers don’t lose time cooking or being tied up with trying to setup eating shelters or other services.
Do I need to register my entire team at the same time?
No, you don’t have to. Each person can pay for their registration separately and at their own leisure.